The Poppy is one of the most widely used symbolic flower around the world. Ancient Greek, Egyptian, and Roman societies linked it with sleep due the sedative effect of the plant’s sap. The Greeks in particular tied it to sleep because of Morpheus, the God of sleep.
The Victorians gave the flower a variety of meanings based on the color, including consolation for loss, deep sleep, and extravagance.
Chinese and Japanese flower experts recommend the Poppy for couples because it means a deep and passionate love between two people. Other colors represent success and beauty in Eastern cultures.
The red Poppy is the traditional flower of remembrance for Europe and North America because of its ties to World War I and II. Some people simply think it is a cheery sign of summer because of its size and intense colors.
Known as the stone of compassion, peridot is believed to bring good health, restful sleep and peace to relationships by balancing emotions and mind. This friendly bright green stone also has the uncanny ability to inspire eloquence and creativity; it also brings delight and good cheer.
- Museum-quality textured canvas print of an original acrylic painting on canvas
- Each art piece is printed on museum-quality OBA-free, archival inks, hand-sprayed satin, and water-resistant canvases. They are made to be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- This canvas is composed of a luxurious poly/cotton blend giving it a uniform low glare finish. It has excellent color brilliance and image definition.
- All canvas prints are made to order, please allow 2 weeks of production time before shipping.
- Optional 1.5" gallery wrap with stretch bars, canvas backing, and wired hanger, will arrive ready to hang like a real painting.