The delightful holly (poinsettia) has become a symbol of the Christmas holidays with its green foliage topped with bright flowers. Although the bloom isn’t a true flower and is really made up of special colored leaves, called bracts, these cheery flowers add a splash of color during the holidays. Bloom color ranges from pure white to shades of pink and red with many variegated varieties. Native to the mountains of Mexico, this Christmas flower has a colorful history.
According to Mexican legend, a young girl named Maria and her brother Pablo were the first to discover the poinsettia. The two children were very poor and could not afford a gift to bring to the Christmas Eve festival. Not wanting to arrive empty handed, the two children stopped beside the road and gathered a bouquet of weeds. When they arrived at the festival, they were chided by other children for their meager gift. But, when they placed the weeds beside the Christ Child in the manger, the poinsettia plants burst into brilliant red blooms.
Lapis Lazuli encourages self-awareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth, providing qualities of honesty, compassion and morality to the personality. Stimulates objectivity, clarity and encourages creativity. Lapis Lazuli assists to confront and speak one's truth and inspires confidence.
- Museum-quality textured canvas print of an original acrylic painting on canvas
- Each art piece is printed on museum-quality OBA-free, archival inks, hand-sprayed satin, and water-resistant canvases. They are made to be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- This canvas is composed of a luxurious poly/cotton blend giving it a uniform low glare finish. It has excellent color brilliance and image definition.
- All canvas prints are made to order, please allow 2 weeks of production time before shipping.
- Optional 1.5" gallery wrap with stretch bars, canvas backing, and wired hanger, will arrive ready to hang like a real painting.